Sunday, July 15, 2012

Before the Prayer

Last week Reformed Theological Seminary contacted me unexpectedly. It's the wonderful place I worked last year for several months. I was surprised, intrigued, excited, and strangely terrified all at once. They informed me about some recent changes and let me know about a new employment opportunity. One of the sweet young ladies I worked with is relocating with her husband to Tallahassee so he can pursue a position working in his field of expertise. It's a bittersweet situation. The answer to their prayers for a job provides an opportunity for the Lord to answer my prayer for a job. I was offered a full time position as the Student Life/Accounts Payable Coordinator, which I gratefully accepted. The only downside is that my lovely friend, Heather, will be leaving. My heart wishes she could stay.

It's funny how God works things on our behalf. Though I was disappointed a permanent position didn't open up last year, I look back now and I'm glad. In the midst of Amber and Austin's wedding and move to Jacksonville, my brother purchased and remodeled his first home, and my parents sold of their long-time home in Clermont and moved to North Carolina. These events all happened at the same time. I could have been a complete basket case if I'd been working full time at that point. I'm grateful God's ways are far above my own. He's so good like that. 

His plan and timetable are always perfect. He always knows what's best for His children, even if we don't see our way clearly. It's also amazing that He graciously answers our prayers in such wonderfully detailed ways and gives us the desire of our hearts. He's at work before the prayer is even on our lips and He's already working out circumstances on our behalf. That's how much our kind Heavenly Father loves us. 

Please enjoy a few photos from the beautiful Seminary campus and if you'd like to know more about their mission and offerings, please click the following link to their website.


CAMPUS CLOCK TOWER
BOOKSTORE + COFFEE SHOP =  A GREAT HANG OUT
FRONT ENTRANCE
SARAH VACCA & HEATHER DEFRANCISO
GOD'S TIMING IS ALWAYS PERFECT




     




2 comments:

Bonnie Anderson said...

The picture of the clock goes so perfectly with your post. Nice.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.