Sunday, August 5, 2012

An Extraordinary Life

Corrie Ten Boom lived an extraordinary life - a life filled with deep love, a life of great forgiveness, a life lived in the shadow of one of the greatest human tragedies in recent history. She lived through the horrors of the Holocaust and lost her family to the hellish conditions of German concentration camps. Her life could have been filled with bitterness and hatred. Instead, her story is filled with 
hope and trust, forgiveness and compassion. 

When worry and anxiety tempt me to despair and the uncertainties of life seem to press in, I think about the life of this extraordinary little woman and how she changed the lives of countless people with her testimony. Her simple faith in God and her understanding of His character is contained in one of my favorite quotes. I think of it often. I live my life in the midst of everyday mundane moments but each moment, each decision, each intentional conversation, each opportunity is an invitation to shine a light in the dark hopelessness of the world and live an extraordinary life.

BETSY, NOLLIE, PAPA, WILLEM, MAMA, & CORRIE TEN BOOM


"Never be afraid to trust
an unknown future
to a known God."

~ Corrie Ten Boom ~


   

2 comments:

Danny said...

This is powerful - I've never heard it before. Its so true!!!

Bonnie Anderson said...

Very inspiring post today, Kim. Keep 'em coming!