Saturday, July 21, 2012

Road Tripping

A big red pickup truck, some great tunes, the green of summer scenery whizzing by, the long winding road ahead, and my little brother - what do all these things have in common? The first brother-sister road trip for Christopher and I!

He asked me several months ago to take a trip to North Carolina to see our parents. Thankfully my new boss has given me this time and Kendall is sending me with his blessing. We leave bright and early tomorrow morning, compass pointed north toward Jacksonville to have breakfast with Amber and Austin, then on to the glorious mountains around Maggie Valley.

I'm sure we'll have some great stories, especially since Mom has arranged a white water rafting trip for the four of us, much to Daddy's dismay. We'll explore the picturesque town of Waynesville, do some antiquing, a little fishing (actually Mom and I will watch the boys fish), and maybe we'll head for the beauty of the Smoky Mountain National Park. I know whatever we do will be an adventure so stayed tuned for Road Tripping, part two. Who knows, Chris and I may even pick up a surprise guest along the way - a hitchhiker of sorts. 


No comments: